Best Gig You Were Ever At

GunnerB

Pro Youth
My better half has in passing noted that I have failed to mention the joyous shared experience of The Proclaimers Live at the Winter Gardens Blackpool August 2019. It was the last live gig I attended and she is right to remind me of how good it was. We hadn’t intended on travelling to Blackpool but couldn’t get briefs for any gigs in Scotland. They were brilliant as were the audience, most of whom it seemed were either ex pats or maybe second gen judging from the raucous reaction to the encore including ‘Cap In Hand’. We were in the balcony and the whole place was rocking to ‘500 Miles’ and ‘Letter To America’. A particularly fond memory was two loved up young ladies dancing and bopping to ‘I Want To Spend My Life With You’. We stayed the weekend and were heartened by the attempts of the resort to turn itself around from the seedy slide to stag and hen nights and focus more on attracting what made it famous as a place all the family can enjoy.

…….There pet does that do it ?...SLAP!

Cygnus X-1

Pro Youth
My first ever gig and best one, which felt like a religious experience. Rush at Glasgow Apollo 25th April 1979....

Other great ones include Tool, The Stranglers( many times), Blackfield, Riverside, Porcupine Tree, Steven Wilson, A Perfect Circle to name but a few....

Top Bottom