• Piggy Bank The SFM Winter Appeal is now underway in the midst of a fairly radical change of platform at SFM Central. We have moved from the familiar blog format to a new Forum platform, and we hope that this will give rise to an increase in our number, as it offers easier and more granular access to discussion.

In the course of the next year, we expect to see our numbers grow, and our costs reduce. This is because our hosting contract, designed to cope with the blog format during the busiest period of the greatest ever Scottish football scandal, ends this year. The new format will be less demanding in terms of hardware and bandwidth, though perhaps more so in respect of moderation.

The current period we are living in is extremely hard for everyone, and there is no doubt that the pressures on our members are huge. However our overarching aim is to preserve the SFM community as a refuge for some, as a laugh for others, and an education for others still.

The funds we are looking to raise are for the usual costs of hosting, moderation and support - and also the software costs associated wit the move.

Please consider helping us get there by donating at our Donations Page.
    We are grateful for any amount, large or small.

The Dubai trip

F

Former Member 2

Lurker
Bongani Zungu joined Rangers and had to self isolate for 14 days despite having a negative test and being an Elite footballer because he flew on a commercial flight.

I think the SPFL are going to need Harry Houdini to escape this mess.
i don't know the ins and out of it was his country on a banned list or something or a list he had to isolate in coming into scotland from? its the only thing i can think of

F

Former Member 2

Lurker
It is indeed.

Why else would a player who will be unavailable for a lengthy period of time due to injury attend a training camp?.
i would like to know that to but you all bathed for blood and are happy accepting sturgeons kangaroo court as it seems Celtic have been punished which led to a weakened team on the pitch for next 2 games so we will never find out

Albertz1

Squad Player
i would like to know that to but you all bathed for blood and are happy accepting sturgeons kangaroo court as it seems Celtic have been punished which led to a weakened team on the pitch for next 2 games so we will never find out
No-one was baying for blood Pepperami. Celtic broke the JRG rules that were a prerequisite in allowing the trip to take place in the first place. Leaving aside personal political beliefs i am at a loss at what you expected Nicola Sturgeon to say regarding the result of this s**tshow.
As for being forced to field a weakened team, whose fault is that?
Playing Devils advocate here, have the Celtic fans not been crying out for new faces in the dugout & the pitch for some time now?, last night they got both and are still not happy. :)
No pleasing some folk.

TheOBAN1

Pro Youth
I would support Celtic before Sturgeon so cant be me🤣🤣:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:;)

boab1916

Squad Player
i don't know the ins and out of it was his country on a banned list or something or a list he had to isolate in coming into scotland from? its the only thing i can think of
Elite footballer you on the hash again? Never fucking heard of him and neither had you.

TheOBAN1

Pro Youth
so Celtic are saying it was a mistake boab1916, pepperami are you still supporting the trip
Raman Bhardwaj
@ramanbhardwajTV

Breaking: Celtic chief executive Peter Lawwell on the club's trip to Dubai - '' On reflection, looking back and looking with hindsight and looking at the outcome of the trip, clearly it was a mistake and for that I profoundly apologise to our supporters.''

boab1916

Squad Player
so Celtic are saying it was a mistake boab1916, pepperami are you still supporting the trip
Raman Bhardwaj
@ramanbhardwajTV

Breaking: Celtic chief executive Peter Lawwell on the club's trip to Dubai - '' On reflection, looking back and looking with hindsight and looking at the outcome of the trip, clearly it was a mistake and for that I profoundly apologise to our supporters.''
Why are you trying to engage me in a silly convo with you, Dubai is history mate a game was played the actions forced onto observed and we move on in the spirit of the game, it's what Celtic do, no use still moaning over spilt milk.

F

Former Member 2

Lurker
No-one was baying for blood Pepperami. Celtic broke the JRG rules that were a prerequisite in allowing the trip to take place in the first place. Leaving aside personal political beliefs i am at a loss at what you expected Nicola Sturgeon to say regarding the result of this s**tshow.
As for being forced to field a weakened team, whose fault is that?
Playing Devils advocate here, have the Celtic fans not been crying out for new faces in the dugout & the pitch for some time now?, last night they got both and are still not happy. :)
No pleasing some folk.
well trial by social media seems the the way forward Celtic said they adhered to the rules and protocols so then its up to an investigation ? innocent till proven guilty isnt that how its supposed to work?

instead we got a spiteful punishment regarding players to isolate several days of media outrage and bowed to peer pressure and bully tactics to issue a meaningless apology no one really gives a damn about

Albertz1

Squad Player
well trial by social media seems the the way forward Celtic said they adhered to the rules and protocols so then its up to an investigation ? innocent till proven guilty isnt that how its supposed to work?

instead we got a spiteful punishment regarding players to isolate several days of media outrage and bowed to peer pressure and bully tactics to issue a meaningless apology no one really gives a damn about
Simply untrue.

Celtic didn't strictly adhere to the rules though did they?

John Kennedy admitted as such. If you have some "minor slip ups" then you haven't followed the JRG rules. It's not that difficult to understand.

As for your "spiteful punishment" remark, A player tests positive so close contacts have to self isolate as would any normal member of the public in similar circumstances. What is spiteful about that?

Your stance on this subject has lacked any insight from day one and nothing is going to change that. It's not Celtic's fault though, it's social media, msm, Nicola Sturgeon, John Swinney ie anyone who took a contrary view to yourself.

Last edited:
F

Former Member 2

Lurker
Simply untrue.

Celtic didn't strictly adhere to the rules though did they?

John Kennedy admitted as such. If you have some "minor slip ups" then you haven't followed the JRG rules. It's not that difficult to understand.

As for your "spiteful punishment" remark, A player tests positive so close contacts have to self isolate as would any normal member of the public in similar circumstances. What is spiteful about that?

Your stance on this subject has lacked any insight from day one and nothing is going to change that. It's not Celtic's fault though, it's social media, msm, Nicola Sturgeon, John Swinney ie anyone who took a contrary view to yourself.
football has been littered with incidents when players have not had to isolate the standard liege player who next morning tested positive after sharing a field with sevco where was the isolation period then??????

yes spiteful punishments correct if players have done wrong and not adhered to the rules then you have an enquiry and investigation like the 2 sevco players if found guilty those players or whoever take the hit for breaking rules isn't that what is supposed to happen?

Albertz1

Squad Player
football has been littered with incidents when players have not had to isolate the standard liege player who next morning tested positive after sharing a field with sevco where was the isolation period then??????

yes spiteful punishments correct if players have done wrong and not adhered to the rules then you have an enquiry and investigation like the 2 sevco players if found guilty those players or whoever take the hit for breaking rules isn't that what is supposed to happen?
Match play is not considered "close contact" so no action is needed unless players exhibit symptoms.

Celtic players are not being punished for any wrongdoing. They are being asked to self-isolate for having been in close contact with a player who HAS tested positive. Nothing "spiteful" at all, just standard procedure.

F

Former Member 2

Lurker
Match play is not considered "close contact" so no action is needed unless players exhibit symptoms.

Players are not being punished for any wrongdoing. They are being asked to self-isolate for having been in close contact with a player who HAS tested positive. Nothing "spiteful" at all, just standard procedure.
oh yes all that physical contact and heavy breathing competing in a contact sport cannot be considered close contact again in the case of armstrong testing positive and christie having to isolate but not tierney is another

i would suggest nothing standard about this procedure is at hand helander tested positive along with a sevco under 21 player in same week within there own bubbles were was the calls for isolation and who had to isolate then?

spiteful yes wee Nicola wanted to be seen to do something for the ratings so decided to punish the club because she knows she had no leg to stand on trying to punish them for going

i do dispair when you can laughingly comment that contact sports is not deemed to be close contact thats a cracker like the virus cares or takes note of what is match play

Albertz1

Squad Player
oh yes all that physical contact and heavy breathing competing in a contact sport cannot be considered close contact again in the case of armstrong testing positive and christie having to isolate but not tierney is another

i would suggest nothing standard about this procedure is at hand helander tested positive along with a sevco under 21 player in same week within there own bubbles were was the calls for isolation and who had to isolate then?

spiteful yes wee Nicola wanted to be seen to do something for the ratings so decided to punish the club because she knows she had no leg to stand on trying to punish them for going

i do dispair when you can laughingly comment that contact sports is not deemed to be close contact thats a cracker like the virus cares or takes note of what is match play
I don't make up the rules.

Helander self-isolated following a positive test as per Government guidelines.
Nathan Patterson had been deemed to have been in close contact with some fellow Scotland U21 players, Ross & Robbie McCrorie and David Turnbull who had tested positive, and therefore had to self-isolate.
So you believe that "wee Nicola" is trying to "do something for the ratings" and decides the way to achieve this is "to punish" a club whose fans will make up a sizeable % of her support.
Please tell me you still don't believe that Celtic were punished for simply going to Dubai.?

Albertz1

Squad Player
The fallout continues.

AlbaDorn

Pro Youth
Celtic need to get a grip of the situation.
Having admitted that the Dubai trip was an error in an interview with the CEO they might have hoped that it would die down.
They then allowed a clearly angry Lennon to go in front of the press to vent, how to make a dire situation worse !
I am sorry that Neil Lennon’s legacy will be sullied by this unfortunate rant.

Top Bottom